Firearms Safety (Category A, B & H)
A basic introduction to the firearms industry, this course covers the skills and knowledge essential to firearms legislation, firearms in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling, firearms terminology, safe storage and transport, as well as additional information which is essential to all shooters.
This course covers Category A, B and H weapons.
These are the most common firearms used for sports/target, recreational and occupational shooting activities. Examples of firearms under these categories include:
- Air Rifles
- Single and Double Barrel Shotguns
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Lever Action Rifles
- Pump Action Rifles
- Muzzle Loading Firearm
- Combination Guns (Rifle and Shotgun)
- Semi-Auto Pistols
- Paintball Guns
In order to participate in this course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age (or have written consent from parent/guardian to attend)
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
For more information regarding specific licensing requirements, please visit Weapons Licensing QLD.
This course is delivered face-to-face over 8 hours including a live fire range practice at an approved range.