Firearms Safety (Category C & D)
Category C and D firearms are generally accessible only to individuals with an occupational need for the firearms. This includes occupations such as:
- Primary Producers
- Pest Controllers
- Firearms Dealers
- Instructors and;
- Theatrical Ordnance Suppliers.
They may also be available to firearms collectors who are members of a collector’s guild.
This course covers essential skills and knowledge relating to firearms legislation, firearms in the community, licensing requirements, safe handling, safe storage and transport as well as a range of additional information that is essential for all shooters.
Examples of firearms under these categories include:
- Semi-Automatic Shotguns.
- Semi-Automatic Rifles
- Pump Action Shotguns
In order to participate in this course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age to attend
- Must not have any physical or other impairment which would prevent you from handling firearms safely – if unsure, seek advice from your GP or contact us to discuss suitability
- Must not have any criminal convictions (relating to drug use, violence or weapons) in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to a domestic violence order in the past five years
- Must not have been a subject to an involuntary mental health order in the past five years
For more information regarding specific licensing requirements, please visit Weapons Licensing QLD.
This course is delivered face-to-face over 4 hours including a live fire range practice at an approved range.